Current Job Openings:
Please contact Mike Dahl at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume attached. Thank you.
Local Dispatcher-Commercial Planner
Local Dispatcher – Commercial Planner
February 17, 2016 Fremont, CA
Mike Dahl Operations-O&I Customer Service
Written By Department
Non-Exempt Operations Manager
Status Immediate Supervisor
The Local Dispatcher is directly responsible for assisting with the daily planning and dispatching of local equipment in a safe and efficient manner to maximize manpower and equipment usage, providing optimal customer satisfaction.
The Commercial Planner is directly responsible to interface with O&I customer service and the Sales staff to insure all projects are scheduled, performed and rated at completion of project.
1. Assists with the daily planning and scheduling of the Fremont local fleet to optimize equipment and manpower usage.
2. Coordinates with Warehouse Management to assist with warehouse supervision to maximize the facility's productivity.
3. Actively engages in problem solving with regards to Field Service Crew Members.
4. Responsible for the rating of local billing according to Company guidelines to maintain up-to-date accounting of receivables.
5. Acts as point of contact for Interstate Drivers to establish labor necessary to load or unload shipments.
6. Interfaces with customers and the Van Lines to insure prompt pick ups and deliveries of shipments, promoting maximum customer satisfaction.
7. Updates order status information in the computer system regarding the Santa Fe Springs' local fleet to insure accurate and up-to-date information.
8. Communicates necessary information intra-departmentally to insure each customer a quality relocation.
9. Interfaces with Sales Department and the Customer Service to insure Commercial projects are scheduled and job scope is properly communicated to the Field Service Crew satisfaction.
10. Maintain and audit Field Service Crew Members work hours for all projects and distribute accordingly.
11. Assist Customer Service with projects and roll outs as needed. Maintain all data reports required by customer.
12. Recruits, Builds and assist with training of local workforce.
* Denotes "essential functions" in accordance with the guidelines of The Americans with Disabilities Act. The essential functions of this position include, but are not necessarily limited to, those specifically identified in this description. The position and its essential functions may change over time and these changes may not necessarily be reflected in the position description. The Company may, at its sole discretion, add to, change, or expand the essential or marginal functions of the position.